HP DESIGNJET 500, 800 Carriage Belt Kit (42" plotters)
HP Designjet 500, 800 Carriage Belt Repair Kit For 42" Print Width Plotters
LPS Brand Designjet Belts are the ONLY Belts Made in the USA - The Best in the World
Thousands of these kits have been delivered to Designjet owners and end users who used them to fix their plotters, each saving hundreds of dollars on the repair.
With average mechanical skills you can replace the belt and calibrate the printer in 1-3 hours. If you get stuck, you can call 800-959-1575 for technical assistance.
Watch the tutorial video below to see the entire repair procedure.
All LPS brand belts are High Density Polyurethane and DuPont Kevlar. They are the only Designjet belts made in the USA.
A worn belt is one possible cause of System Error 86:01
The kit has everything you need to do the job right:
- Carriage Belt (Y-axis) C7770-60014 (Click here for LPS Belt Specifications)
- Non-evaporating oil for the carriage rails
- 39 Piece Tool Kit
- Photo Gloss Film required by HP for Calibration
- Illustrated belt replacement and plotter calibration directions
- Complete Service Manual with Illustrated Replacement instructions, Parts List, Error Codes, & more (CD or USB Drive --your choice)
- Toll Free Phone Support if Needed (with kit)
- Free Ground Shipping - USA only
- HP DesignJet 500 Printer - 42” Model (P/N C7770B)
- HP DesignJet 500PS Printer - 42” Model (P/N C7770C)
- HP DesignJet 500Plus – 42” Model (P/N C7770F)
- HP DesignJet 500Mono – 42” Model (P/N C7770E)
- HP Designjet 510 – 42” Model (P/N CH337A)
- HP Designjet 510ps – 42” Model (P/N CJ997A)
- HP DesignJet 800 Printer - 42” Model (P/N C7780B)
- HP DesignJet 800PS Printer - 42” Model (P/N C7780C)
We Also Recommend
The replacement belt arrived fast and was able to follow the steps via the video on their website. The only 2 things to watch out for are when you put the plotter back together again that are not in the video. 1. When putting the service station holder back on, make sure the ribbon cable is not sandwiched behind it before screwing the parts together and 2. put the right hand trim back on the front before putting the right hand cover onto the plotter.
great product and documentation, had no problem installing and now the machine is back up and running. thank you!
knocked down one star since the USB drive was corrupt. But I got quick response from you and e-mailed the PDF.
Your were a savier. Bought this Designjet 500 printer for 200$ knowing that we needed the strap and other items for it. What you offered was exactly what we needed to get this printer going, in a few steps. Just great! Thanks
Not gonna lie I already had one of the cheap china belts ordered and when I was looking up instructions how to install it I found your video on YouTube. It convinced me pretty fast that my cheap belt will end up in more hassle than benefit. I love my printer and I thought spending way more but save the trouble later is a good choice. When Bob said in the video that the belt will last a lifetimeI was completely convinced.
The belt is propably the best you can get, didn't found anything compareable and I'm sure it wont crumble into nothing like the originial. It feels very worth its price since the belt will now propably outlast the printer itself.
What makes it even more special is the Tool and Instructions provided. I basically just did what was done in the video (which is way more easy to grasp than HP's instructions), had a couple of coffee breaks and it took me around one and a half hours, taking it very easy and the fact that I propably won't have to do it again in the future feels very good.